Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the road again!

Tomorrow we head off on vacation, driving from Prague to Brittany. The end of the road leads here...

On the way, we're planning to wind our way through the Alsace region and meet my sister in Colmar to go wine tasting, shopping, hiking and art viewing (perhaps not in that order). Then we'll skirt Paris and scoot to the coast.

I'm looking forward to hiking along the cliff tops, eating mussels, playing on the sand with C, meeting up with old friends (and maybe new as well!) and taking lots and lots of pictures. Somewhere along the way I promise to raise a glass of cider to everyone, and you can be sure there will be many pics when we're home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Alsatian wines. Please have some Riesling and some of that wonderful Cremant d'Alsace and tell the story of it. For what we can afford, I prefer Cremant to Champagne, in fact.

Julia said...

We absolutely will. I'm a big fan of Riesling already, but have never tried the Cremant. I think it will be the perfect drink to try on our birthday this weekend!

Lucy said...

Gewurztraminer!

Drat, I missed you. Have you picked up the e-mail I sent? Seems like you've got computer access anyway, so fingers crossed!

Roderick Robinson said...

Not forgetting Gewurztraminer. Whoops, Lucy's ahead of me. Never mind. Two disinterested recommendations are better than one.

Kelly said...

That scene looks so amazingly idyllic...dip your toes in the Atlantic for me :)