Friday, January 11, 2008

Shadow of a horse

Last summer the Prague Botanic Garden hosted an exhibit of Zimbabwean sculptures. My favorite sculpture was this horse. As with many other horses I have met in my life, I wanted to take him home with me, but we are missing the garden he needed to graze in. At least now I have the sketch to remember him by.
.....
Caroline, by the way, insisted on adding eyes to the horse when I finished scanning him in. Rather than give him away so quickly I printed out a copy. She has spent thirty minutes coloring it in quite completely. A new coloring book in the works?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say hello and was completely captivated by your sketches and lovely artwork!

Julia said...

Thank you! I don't usually post my sketches on kolokolo but Christine's Art Everyday for January motivated me to try, and I've been enjoying the challenge (and the sudden spurt of visual focus that has accompanied it). It is great to hear feedback, I really appreciate it.